STRAWBERRY CHIPOTLE BBQ SAUCE
If you like BBQ sauce with a fruity kick then you will love this. I created it mainly for pork ribs but it is pretty darn good on pulled pork and pulled chicken. Heck I was dipping 'tater chips in it, my wife thought I was nuts until she tried it!!!
- 1 cup of of your favorite fruit jam (strawberry in this case)
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar (packed or use turbinado)
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 3 tbsp prepared mustard (French's)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 2 tsp ground chipotle (more if you like it hotter)
Mix it all together and simmer for about 15 minutes or longer for thicker sauce. I usually mop my ribs several time during the cook so I keep my sauce a little thinner. Pour into glass containers and refridgerate. Keeps for about a month or longer if you can it. You can use any fruit jam in this recipe, we have used blackberry, raspberry and strawberry.