Folks, this chili is off the hook good and not to spicy. The recipe is exactly how we made it but could be tweaked to your taste very easily.
- 1 lb dried red beans
- 2 lg onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 15 oz cans of sweet corn (or a quart from your pantry)
- 2 10 oz cans mild Rotel tomatoes w/green chilis (or the hot version if you like)
- 1 qt Red Gold tomato juice (or a quart from your pantry)
- 1 9-10 oz tube of pork Chorizo sausage
- 2 lbs ground chuck burger
- 2 tbsp table salt
- 1 tbsp McCormick's Hot Shot red and black pepper (or course ground black pepper)
- 3-4 tbsp McCormick's dark chili powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Here how we did it:
Precook your red beans like you would any other bean but do not drain, cook until they have a thick soup.
In the pot your going to make the chili in, brown the burger and drain and remove but keep a 1/2 cup of the drippings. In the same pot add the onions and garlic, olive oil and burger drippings and cook until the onions are translucent. Add all ingredients to the pot and bring to a boil, let boil for about 15 minutes or longer for a thicker chili.